The New Castle
The second residence in Pappenheim, called the "New Castle", was built from 1819 to 1822. The plans came from the Bavarian court architect Leo von Klenze.
The building with its three wings and its chlassicist-simple front sight, replaced two earlier Count`s town houses. The classical interior comes from this construction.
It is designed by Klenze and Jean Baptiste Metivier.
The Old and the New Castle determine still the medieval town of Pappenheim. The castles are in possession of the Earls of Pappenheim and today they serve as homes and offices.